Thursday, March 17, 2011

Anything You Can Do I (Wish I) Could Do Better - Day 22

Hello dolls! I hope you're all out having fun on this lovely holiday while I celebrate from home. I'm pretty awesome, right? :)

Day 22's challenge is to post a picture of something I wish I were better at. There are quite a few things I'm not great at! I'm going to put up pictures of three, but I'll list a few more!

Number one is: S-E-X.

Surprise! A sexy photo of Britney. The girl's amazing.

Maybe that's TMI, but honestly, doesn't everyone secretly wish they were better in bed? I have shared wonderful, intimate times with my boyfriend, but I've always felt that I could be a little bit...sexier? More adventurous? More confident? I'm not sure what it is, but I just wish that I was the girl that my man and ex's have said, "Oh, my gosh, she was my best, hands down." Maybe my man does feel that way. He tells me that, but what he says behind my back is a mystery. So somehow I'll build my skills. Sorry if this grosses you all out, but I'm sure some of you share this with me.

Number two is: cooking!

This is exactly how I feel!

Ok, so I totally understand the concept of cleaning, just like the picture says. I'm ok at it. I really enjoy it, but it is somewhat intimidating. Cleaning is a whole other issue haha. Back to cooking - I really want to learn more and use recipes that my mother and grandmother have. My grandmother (Nana) was a great cook and everyone loved the food she made. Unfortunately, I didn't spend enough time with her in the kitchen to learn her techniques, so all I have left are her recipes. I desperately want to try some of them, but I'm afraid to ruin them and do her a disservice.

My mom didn't cook often because I was a very picky eater as a kid, but she's really good at what she does make. She's one of those people who can just put a bunch of ingredients together off the top of her head and -poof!- there's a great meal. I'm nowhere near that level of cooking. I'm still very precise. I really want to get better! Do any of you have any tips or great recipes that I should try?

Number three is: exercise.

Isn't that a pretty picture?

I am the worst exerciser in the history of the world. That's really probably no exaggeration. I don't exercise. Ever. I am lazy and sedentary. While I would LOVE to be healthy and fit, I simply can't gather the motivation to get out and do it. That and I can't afford a gym membership. I love the idea of yoga and pilates, but they're sort of scary and I'm not flexible anymore. I certainly used to be, but because I haven't really done any stretching or anything in years, I've lost that range of motion. I would give anything to have a personal trainer to show me how to do things the correct way, but the financial issue is huge. I do want to start walking, even if its just with my dog, to get at least some sunlight and some cardio in. Again, any ideas?

Well, girls, I'm off for the night. I need to sleep. For some reason I'm exhausted. Have a great night!

Lots of love!

XoXo,
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment