Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Night

Hey dolls. So here's my Oscar post as promised. After watching parts of the Oscars last night (I can't survive the whole thing without getting bored), I can honestly say that while I really liked most of the dresses, I wasn't gaga over any of them. I think that Anne Hathaway looked great throughout the night and was a really fun host. When she flubbed, she made a joke and moved on. Even though everyone said that it seemed like James Franco was high, I thought that he and Anne were really good together.

Here are my favorite looks from last night:

Anne Hathaway in Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci
Anne Hathaway in Atelier Versace
Reese Witherspoon in Armani Prive

Natalie Portman in Rodarte

Scarlett Johanson in Dolce & Gabbana

-Anne's Givenchy was beautiful. What a pretty, graceful color and amazing detail. Loved it.

-Anne's Versace was such a great color. The detailing on the front was really neat. It almost looked like leather, didn't it? I liked the look much better when she swept her hair to the side with this dress later in the night

-Reese's Armani was perfect for her petite body. It made her look long and lean. I loved that it wasn't too intricate. It played up her natural beauty. Loved her hair!

-Natalie's Rodarte dress was such a gorgeous color. Purple has recently become one of my favorite colors and I thought it made her look positively fabulous. I really liked her tassel earrings, too. She looked so great for being pregnant. You almost wouldn't know she was with that empire waist!

-Scarlett's D&G was awesome. Maroonish-purple + lace = winning combo. I liked the little train, too. The silouhette was great on her.

As far as the awards part of the show, I was shocked that "True Grit" didn't win! It was an absolutely amazing movie on all counts. The actors and actresses were perfect in their roles and executed the script well. It should have received some awards! Also, "Black Swan" was a phenomenal movie. It was a total mind screw and I loved every minute of it. I was on the edge of my seat going, "WTF just happened?!" I recommend both, though I will warn that "True Grit" made me cry. I really can't wait to see "The King's Speech"! Hopefully I'll find out why it won so many awards! And last but not least, I started to watch "Inception" with my mom a long time ago and couldn't even get 1/4 of the way through it. It had such a slow, confusing start that I got bored and took the movie out. Maybe I'll force myself to watch the rest so I can understand why it got such rave reviews.

What did you think of the 83rd Academy Awards? Did you love them? Hate them? Agree or disagree with the winners? Overall I think it went well and I'm happy for those who won. I'm sure they all deserve it. Well, girls, I'm off for the night! Sleep well!

Lots of love!

XoXo,
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment