Sunday, January 30, 2011

Perking Up - Day 16!

Hello dolls! How are things? I'm FINALLY starting to feel better, though I'm definitely not even close to 100%. I'm so thankful that I'm feeling relief from the congestion, but for some reason I'm having stomach issues now. Will this ever end? Hopefully I'm on the road to recovery!

Well, moving on...today is a day of inspiration. I have to post a picture of someone that inspires me. Now, some of you may have no clue about sports or anything of the sort and I completely respect that. However, I am a sports fanatic. I am a graduate of one of the most well-known universities in the nation: Penn State. We are a very large yet close-knit family and our leader is none other than Joe Paterno:

Adorbs! <3

For those of you who don't know anything about Joe, he is 84 years old, adorable, strong, resilient, influential, has won 400+ games, coached 61 seasons, and is a College Football Hall of Fame inductee (one of only three who are still active!). He is our idol. He is an amazing family man and is obsessed not only with his blood family but also his players and his fans. He treats us all as if we're his grandsons and granddaughters. Love, love, love him.

He inspires me because he has received many different offers from teams like the Steelers and the Patriots and turned them down to coach the team he truly believes in, the Nittany Lions. I admire that he's followed his true passion for 61 years! I can only hope to lead such a successful and passionate life! I know that this is totally an atypical person to inspire someone, especially a female, but come on! The guy's a legend!

Well, girls, I'm going to go rest and hopefully recover a bit more. I hope that you all enjoy your week! Goodnight!

Lots of love!

XoXo,
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment